This post first appeared on Second Nature - Recipes. READ ORIGINAL ARTICLE HERE
Prep and cooking time: 20 mins
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, deseeded, and sliced
- 400ml plain natural or Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced or minced
- 1⁄2 tsp dried mint or 8-10 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Slice the cucumber lengthways and remove the seeds by running a teaspoon down the middle. Grate the cucumber on a coarse grater and sprinkle generously with 1⁄2 tsp of salt. Mix and put aside.
- Let the cucumber sit for 10mins. Then, squeeze any further liquid out of the cucumber by pressing with the back of a wooden spoon.
- In a medium bowl, combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, and mint. Add the drained cucumber to the yoghurt mixture and a little black pepper. Mix well.