This post first appeared on Second Nature - Recipes. READ ORIGINAL ARTICLE HERE
Recipe: Chicken tikka skewers
Prep and cooking time: 30 mins
- 500g chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 2 tbsp tikka paste
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 mango cheek, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite-size pieces (2-3cm chunks). Place them in a small mixing bowl and cover with the tikka paste, coconut cream, and salt and pepper.
- If using wooden kebabs, oil them lightly and set aside. Prepare all the salad ingredients while the chicken is marinating.
- Start layering the kebabs with the chicken, onion, pepper, chicken, etc. Make sure the top and bottom both chicken to ensure the kabab stays together.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick grill pan, or saucepan, over high heat. Keep an oil splatter top nearby, or another saucepan to cover the skewers, as they will splatter.
- Cook the kebabs until golden, or for roughly 10 minutes.
- Add the other tbsp of oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper to a small dish to dress the salad as desired.